In the News
Dear Year 12 parents.
Please click the below link to read an important letter from Dr Janine Biggin – Deputy Principal, Learning and Teaching.
Important information regarding Level Crossing Removal Project
I am writing to provide you with an update on works associated with the Caulfield to Dandenong Level Crossing Removal Project.
We will be carrying out essential works to remove level crossings, construct elevated tracks and rebuild stations at Carnegie, Murrumbeena, Hughesdale, Clayton and Noble Park. The project will also provide new and improved rail infrastructure including power and signalling upgrades along the 72 kilometres of rail line from Southern Cross Station to Cranbourne and Pakenham.
Buses replacing trains on the Cranbourne and Pakenham lines:
- Buses will replace trains between Caulfield and Dandenong from 8pm until the last service each night from Monday 4 December until Wednesday 6 December.
- Buses will replace trains between Caulfield and Dandenong from 12.30am Saturday 9 December until the last service on Sunday 10 December.
- Buses will replace trains between Caulfield and Dandenong from 8pm Monday 11 December until the last service on Wednesday 13 December.
- Buses will replace trains between Oakleigh and Dandenong from 12.30am Saturday 16 December until the last service on Sunday 17 December.
- Buses will replace trains between Caulfield and Dandenong from 8pm until the last service each night from Monday 18 December until Thursday 21 December.
For journey planning and service information, visit ptv.vic.gov.au
Hughesdale Station closure
Hughesdale Station is now closed, reopening mid-2018. During this time trains will run express through the closed station, with buses replacing trains between Murrumbeena and Oakleigh stations.
What to expect during the works:
- Work crews, machinery and traffic management working adjacent to level crossing sites.
- Work activities occurring both day and night throughout the weekend.
- Short periods of medium to high-level noise.
- Secondary construction impacts such as noise, dust and vibration. These will be managed by the project team using noise blankets, water carts and other localised measures where appropriate.
- Work crews, machinery and traffic management working adjacent to level crossing sites and on local roads.
- During this time, Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) may undertake necessary maintenance works to ensure the ongoing safety and efficiency of the network.
- Local road changes, including intermittent stop/start traffic controls and temporary lane closures.
Should you have any questions about these activities, or would like more information on the project, please phone our Project Team on 1800 762 667 or contact us via email@example.com.
Community Education Officer| Authorised Officers