St John’s Regional College is seeking the services of suitably qualified educator for the position of
DEPUTY PRINCIPAL- STUDENT WELLBEING (Re-advertised)
Commencing Term 1, 2018
St John’s is a co-educational College of 860 students in the Lasallian and Presentation traditions, serving the parishes of Dandenong, Doveton, Endeavour Hills, Noble Park and Hampton Park.
The Deputy Principal- Student Wellbeing is a member of the College Executive and Leadership Team and as such, plays a major role in College management the formulation of the College policy and strategic planning. The Role Description for this position is available below.
The successful applicant should be able to provide evidence to meet the following selection criteria;
- Practising Catholic with a strong sense of Church and the Educational Mission of the Church
- Accreditation to teach in a Catholic School and/or Accreditation to teach Religious Education in a Catholic School
- Effective leadership in a senior leadership or administrative positions in Catholic Secondary Schools
- Appreciation of the relationship between learning and wellbeing in achieving successful student outcomes
- A proven record to lead the engagement of students through pastoral care and student management
- An ongoing commitment to learning through undertaking post graduate studies in Religious Education, Educational Leadership, Wellbeing or Curriculum
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in or understanding of coaching as a leadership style
St John’s Regional College is committed to Child Safety and Wellbeing and all employees must have a sound knowledge of Child Safety Standards and Policies.
All Applications must be received by the Principal, as per below
- A letter of application
- Response to the eight published selection criteria (maximum 3 pages)
- A completed St John’s Regional College, Dandenong, Online Application for Employment (see below)
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Referees for this position should include the applicant’s current Principal and Parish Priest
Applications should be forwarded, preferably by email to email@example.com for the attention of the Principal, Mr Tim Hogan, by 4.00pm on Wednesday 13 September 2017.
Applying for a Teaching Position at St John’s Regional College
Please follow the process listed below:
1. Applicants for teaching positions should download and complete the Online Application Form and read the Requirements of a Teacher at St John’s Regional College.
2. All applicants should complete a letter of application which should include a statement indicating your reasons for applying for the position.
3. Email the completed application form (teaching applicants), letter of application and Curriculum Vitae to Mr Tim Hogan – Principal – firstname.lastname@example.org by the advertised closing date for applications.
We prefer that applications be furnished electronically, however in circumstances where this is not possible, a written response marked ‘Private and Confidential’ should be mailed to the Principal’s Secretary by closing date.
It is a condition of employment that the incumbent possess, or be eligible for, VIT Registration or a ‘Working with Children’ card for child related employment.